Monday, January 17, 2011

Treats for People and Puppies

I've become a bit obsessed with this website called All Recipes. It's helped to get me through the winter, supplying me with a seemingly endless list of baked goods to try, from breads to cobblers. Lately, since I've been dreaming of warmer weather, I've had smoothies on the brain. I turned to my favorite recipe site for inspiration for some smoothie DIY and came across a recipe packed with fiber and protein combining tow of my favorite things, berries and oatmeal.
Sound a little gross? I'm very weird about the texture of my food, so I was frightened too for a minute, but you really shouldn't be. It turns out just about a smooth as a regular smoothie would be but really fills you up. Check out the recipe from All Recipes:

Strawberry Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie
 
Rated:rating
Prep Time: 5 MinutesReady In: 5 Minutes
Submitted By: ASTROPHE Servings: 2

"This is a fast and filling vegan smoothie with a deep pink color and a rich, creamy texture. "
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup soy milk
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 banana, broken into chunks
14 frozen strawberries
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
DIRECTIONS:
1.In a blender, combine soy milk, oats, banana and strawberries. Add vanilla and sugar if desired. Blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve.






If you try a new tasty treat, don't forget your best friend! I recently found this great local business that makes yummy healthy treats for the four-legged and furry set, like my dog River. It's called One Lucky Dog Bakery and is located in the historic Medina square in the beautiful Arcade Victoria. The owner, Stacey, is very nice and really cares about making healthy treats for pets. Her chief taste tester and blog writer is her Scottish Deerhound Finn.

Isn't Finn cute? To take a look at my article about Stacey's shop, click the link along the right to my Examiner feed. After you're done reading it, stop by and visit her shop for some super smelling treats your pet will love!

Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment