Sunday, September 18, 2011

Perfectly Flawed

The days are getting shorter and cooler. The garden is dwindling but still blessing us with a few tomatoes and beans. Thoughts of future weekends spent digging potatoes are dancing through my head like sugarplums and I am happy, content here on my little bit of land where we farm the half-assed way only we can around our health issues and full time jobs. I am at peace with our perfect imperfections and wouldn't have this any other way.

After a little paint and a few finishing touches like chicken doors it will be finished. My chicken coop, one year in the making, will finally be done.

All I can say is that it has been a blessing to spend this much time united for a common goal with my parents and even though there was a lot of swearing involved and he swears it isn't up to par, I have loved spending this time with my dad.

Pictures will be coming soon when I bundle up to go back outside. It's not exactly level or perfect but I love it even more for all it's flaws.

Hope you and your family are enjoying this preview of fall together as much as I'm enjoying mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment