Friday, March 4, 2011

Sadness @ the SemiFarm

My poor seed starts I was so proud of have succumbed to an untimely death. I had started, foolishly, without a grow light, when it was 50 degrees outside and the sunlight through my south-facing kitchen window was abundant and warm. Then winter returned and with it rain, storms and cloud cover. The sunflowers grew tall and spindly before they shriveled and died. The zucchini and beans aren't faring much better. I am sad to have the little bit of green gone from my kitchen. It seems lonelier here now somehow.
Oh well- it was fun to dig in the dirt at least and my compost pile will welcome them with open arms. And I can still direct sow in a few short months. I know I can get stuff to grow in the ground. I'm sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment